Tuesday 1 December 2015

I finally graduated! ...and, er, got a job?!


Last Friday I made my last journey back up to Middlesbrough for my graduation, and besides a lot wind and a little bit of rain, it was a bloody good day. It was amazing to be back with the people I'd spent the last three years of my life with, and it was great to meet with our tutors and chat about what's been happening since our departure from university back in July. It was a day full of high emotions; elation to be together celebrating the fact that we'd all made it through the three years together, and a bit of sadness knowing that we'd probably never be back in Middlesbrough together again, but for me there was an overarching sense of nervousness because I was waiting for a phone call to find out if I'd been successful at a job interview or not.



I applied for the position of Junior Designer at Caterpillar Books at the beginning of November, and at the end of the month after having attended 2 interviews I got the phone call to say that I'd been successful and the job was mine! After a day fearing the worst, it was such a relief to be able to sit back, relax and celebrate both my First Class degree and my new Junior Designer position that I'd be starting in January 2016!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified at the prospect of moving to London into a house full of strangers, but I'm not lying when I say that I absolutely can't wait to get stuck into my new role. The people who I met during my 2 visits to the Caterpillar studio were so, so lovely, and I can't wait to make some fantastic friends and create some brilliant books during my time there. Here's to life in London in 2016!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! How exciting! It's really sometimes a struggle to find a job right out of college/university I hear so it's quite fantastic that you got one so quickly. You definitely deserve it.

    Love the little squirrel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so happy for you Robyn, your work is brilliant!! Please keep us updated on your life in London!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as ever, Amy :) And of course I will, I'll sure I'll pop some updates up on my blog, however infrequent they may be haha!

      Delete