Wednesday 3 September 2014

forever repurchase: e.l.f. tone correcting powder


for the last ten months, this powder is the only one i've used on my face, and it was actually the product that drew me into the e.l.f. website to begin with. a powder made up of four different colours of powder as opposed to your regular single, skin toned colour really intrigued me, so when i first tried the product out i was equally as dubious and excited about the outcome. 

it's fair to say that the outcome was a fantastic one, or else i wouldn't have invested so much time and money into using it over the last almost year. with the powder being composed of four different tones that help to combat skin imperfections (green to cancel out redness, yellow to cancel out dullness etc.) i find that it creates a flawless powder finish that i've not been able to achieve using any other powder. i used to find it difficult to find a powder that matched my skintone properly, meaning most of the time i was always a tad too white or too orange, but with these powders you get an all over finish that suits and adapts your skin's tone and colour rather than a coverage that comes as a default shade.

the powder is available in three options, cool, warm and shimmer, and so far i've tried cool and warm. i used the cool option over the winter months, and switched over to the warm for the summer months (who'd have thought that, ey?!) and they've both sat perfectly on my skin, not looking too heavy, white or orange, and instead giving me a matte, smooth complexion to combat any dewyness after using concealer (i'm just not a fan of a dewy face, sorry.)

if you're at all intrigued by this powder, i would completely recommend heading over to the e.l.f. website and giving it a go. if you sign up to their newsletter, you can guarantee at least a couple of times a month they do some kind of promotional offer, whether it be free shipping, 50% off or £10 off a £30 spend, so if you time it right you could end up taking two of these babies home for under £4, and you can't grumble at that, can you?!

3 comments:

  1. I need to try this! I love all the different shades to cancel out the different skin pefections, will deffo be trying it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the picture, I thought this was the Bobbi Brown version! I'm not sure if theirs is designed to combat all those things but it looks similar. I might give this a go as the colours are intriguing me :)

    N xo

    www.whatnaomiwrote.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always seen this in stores but haven't bought it yet, now I will.
    -Kelsie

    ReplyDelete