Wednesday 6 August 2014

makeup revolution mini haul

 nail polish in shade 'devil inside' (not online): £1
double flick liquid eyeliner (not online): £3.50

makeup revolution is a brand that's been on my radar now for a few months after spotting its fantastic bargain dupes of the naked palettes, but my interest in the brand really peaked when maxine posted a youtube video about a makeup revolution haul of hers. maxine is also a cruelty free shopper, so after seeing her video and conducting a bit of research of my own, i decided they were good to go and  began browsing their online superdrug section to see what they had to offer.

a couple of days later i then found myself in a superdrug by chance, and to my delight, they had a brand-spanking-new makeup revolution stand for me to have a browse through! the first thing i reached for, of course, was the redemption palette, which i think is a super dupe for the naked 2 palette, with shimmery golds, browns and an intense matte black. at £4, throwing it into my shopping basket was a complete no brainer. 

while i was there, i decided to pick up a couple more bits and bobs to try out because they were all super duper cheap, and i reached for a lipstick and nail polish which both retail for a tiny £1. i opted for two fairly nude shades, which are, i'd say, pinks with slight purple undertones, making for a somewhat lilacy colour when applied. from experience i've learnt that orange toned nude lipsticks just do not work with my skintone, but a slight purple tone seems to do the job. i'm also weird about my nail colour matching what it is that i wear, so i'm a fan of a subtle, somewhat nude shade that can be worn with most outfits without clashing too harshly.

lastly, i picked up yet another eyeliner pen. this one doesn't have a waterproof promise, but it does have a thick and thin end, meaning i can have complete control over my wing. i haven't used this on my eyelids yet, but i swatched it and boy, it was black, and i'm hoping it acts as some kind of soap & glory/eyeko hybrid which will enable me to achieve super precise, super black flicks! only time will tell, but for £3.50 it won't be much of a loss if it disappoints me.

needless to say i'm very excited to give all these products a go, and for £9.50 they were such fantastic value for money. if there's anything in particular that you'd like me to write up about, please do let me know. other than that, you can probably expect yet another eyeliner pen review documenting my quest to find the perfect one!

No comments:

Post a Comment